- Last Updated on Thursday, 19 January 2017 07:13
To comply with the Regulation of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number 833/MENKES/PER/IX/2009 and the Decree of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number 328/2013 regarding The Management of Stem Cell Research, Development, and Services,
Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital – University of Indonesia Medical School has established the Laboratory of Stem Cell Research, Development, and Clinical Application since 2012.
The laboratory is an integral part of the Integrated Care Unit for Stem Cell Therapy and is located at the 5th floor of CMU 2 Building in Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital complex. This laboratory is owned by the government and the first in Indonesia to have successfully met the GMP Standards.
Owing to that achievement, this laboratory is able to perform infectious disease screening, quality tests, differentiation tests, and other applied stem cell research.
The Integrated Care Unit for Stem Cell Therapy can perform several translational therapies, such as:
- Stem cell therapy for myocardial infarction and end-stage chronic cardiac diseases
- Stem cell therapy for non-union fractures and long-bone fractures with critical defects
- Stem cell therapy for spinal cord injuries and peripheral nerve injuries
- Stem cell therapy for cartilage defects
- Stem cell therapy for peripheral artery disease in diabetic patients
- Allogenic stem cell therapy for patients with knee osteoarthritis
- Stem cell therapy for Diabetes Mellitus type 2 patients
- Stem cell for treatment of deep and extensive burn wounds
- Stem cell therapy for patients with acute glaucoma (to improve visual acuity and prevent blindness)